Our Postpartum Doula support gives you the extra help you need in the early days and weeks to get you off to a great start
What we do:
- We help answer your questions and calm your fears and worries
- We teach you parenting and soothing skills that fit your philosophies and preferences
- We provide feeding support and help trouble shoot common breastfeeding issues
- We help you in your home with your new baby
- We help older siblings bond and learn how to behave around their new brother or sister
- We do light housekeeping
What we don’t do:
- We don’t take over your role as a parent
- We don’t babysit (we’re there to teach you and give you an extra hand, but typically our clients are in the home at the same time as us)
- We don’t do major housekeeping (washrooms or yard work)
When you hire a Discover Birth doula you get:
- A properly trained doula by a leading certification organization
- The support of a business that has been supporting clients since 2004
- Back-up doula in the (rare) event that your doula is sick
- A doula that fits your family’s philosophy and shares the skills and personality that are a great fit for you!
Fees are hourly with a 4 hour minimum during the day and 8 hour minimum at night. Hourly rates are based on the number of hours you book:
0-20 hours = $36-39/hour
21-40 hours = $34-37/hour
41+ = $32-35/hour
Your discount will be applied in your cart based on the number of hours you book.
Overnights = $300 per night (8 hours) ($290 if booking more than 30 nights)
We are committed to supporting the families of our community. If you can’t afford our regular prices and need support please call or email us for support on a sliding scale, 1-877-BIRTH36 (247-8436).