Do you want to become a Childbirth Educator?
Stefanie Antunes and Nicole Daniel are approved trainers for Douglas College
NEXT WORKSHOP: fall of 2014
Whether you are taking this workshop on its own or as part of the requirement for certification with Douglas College, you are guaranteed a dynamic, inspiring and educational three days!
The workshop will include but not be limited to the following topics:
- Birth History of Birth through the ages
- Art of Teaching Adults
- Goals of clients coming to prenatal classes
- Traits of an effective CBE
- Celebrating Pregnancy, Women & Birth
- Best Evidence, Best practice for Pregnancy Labour and Birth
- Birth Terminology
- Normal Birth Concepts
- Research: Evidence and the Educator
- Challenges When Plans Change
- Cesarean birth
- Teaching Aids and Learning Stations
- Best Practices for Immediate Postpartum
- Breastfeeding Support
- Postpartum Partners and Parenting
- Teaching Opportunities
- Creating Course Design
- Douglas College Certification
- Putting it into practice
Who should take this workshop? Anyone enrolled in the Douglas College Childbirth Educator Programme or any childbirth educator who wishes to learn how to invigorate their classes.
The next workshop runs in the fall of 2014. Cost is $397 plus HST.
Location: Our Whitby training is held only 40 minutes east of Toronto. Call us to register or pay through this page below. For information or questions 1-877-247-8436 or through our webform
For more information about the full Childbirth Educator Program leading to certification, visit the Douglas College site here
Cancellation policy: Refunds available minus a $50 administration fee if requested 30 days in advance of workshop. Within 30 days, you are eligible for a transfer to a future “Teaching Skills” Workshop hosted by the same instructors, but NO refunds are given. Within 1 week of workshop date, a credit will be issued for a future workshop, minus a $50 admin fee to cover costs incurred by Discover Birth Inc.