Do you want to become a Childbirth Educator?
Stefanie Antunes and Nicole Daniel are approved trainers for Douglas College
NEXT WORKSHOP: March 8, 9, 2014
Whether you are taking this workshop on its own or as part of the requirement for certification with Lamaze International, you are guaranteed a dynamic, inspiring and educational three days!
The workshop will include but not be limited to the following topics:
- Birth History of Birth through the ages
- Art of Teaching Adults
- Goals of clients coming to prenatal classes
- Traits of an effective CBE
- Celebrating Pregnancy, Women & Birth
- Best Evidence, Best practice for Pregnancy Labour and Birth
- Birth Terminology
- Normal Birth Concepts
- Research: Evidence and the Educator
- Challenges When Plans Change
- Cesarean birth
- Teaching Aids and Learning Stations
- Best Practices for Immediate Postpartum
- Breastfeeding Support
- Postpartum Partners and Parenting
- Lamaze Philosophy of Parenting
- Teaching Opportunities
- Creating Course Design
- Lamaze Certification
- Putting it into practice
Who should take this workshop? Anyone enrolled in a Lamaze Educator Programme or any childbirth educator who wishes to learn how to invigorate their classes.
The next workshop runs 9:00am to 7030pm on March 8, 9, 2014. Cost is $397 plus HST.
Location: Our Whitby training is held only 40 minutes east of Toronto. Call us to register or pay through this page below. For information or questions 1-877-247-8436 or through our webform
For more information about the full Lamaze Program leading to certification, visit the Douglas College site here
Cancellation policy: Refunds available minus a $50 administration fee if requested 30 days in advance of workshop. Within 30 days, you are eligible for a transfer to a future “Teaching Skills” Workshop hosted by the same instructors, but NO refunds are given. Within 1 week of workshop date, a credit will be issued for a future workshop, minus a $50 admin fee to cover costs incurred by Discover Birth Inc.