Do you want to become a doula?! Discover Birth offers regular doula trainings. Check back often for updates and scheduled training sessions.
Birth Doula Training
Congratulations on your interest in becoming a birth doula! You will soon experience the amazing joy of the special impact you will have on women and families in your area. Discover Birth offers a DONA approved birth doula workshop. This is one step towards becoming a certified doula. Check out their site for a full listing of requirements. www.dona.org
All of our Doula Training information can now be found at www.doulaschool.ca
See website for 2015 listings! Locations include: Whitby, Toronto, Kingston, Chatham, Thunder Bay
Our workshop runs two full days (Sat/Sun – occastionally includes Friday afternoon in addition). Click on the link for each location and details specific to that workshop.
Our Birth Doula Training 2 day workshops will cover:
- Role of the Doula
- Emotional, physical, and informational support of women and families in the prenatal period, at birth, and in the early postpartum period
- Involving support people
- Comfort measures
- Common interventions and medications
- How to become a certified doula with DONA International
- Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Interprofessional Relationships
- How to build a doula business
You will be given all the necessary tools to begin your journey towards becoming a certified doula through DONA International. We will continue to support you as you have questions or need additional support.
Please contact us for more information at 1-877-247-8436 or through our training site at www.doulaschool.ca