Childbirth Education - Prenatal ClassesYou don’t know what you don’t know!
Isn’t hindsight always 20/20? How often do you say to yourself “if I knew then what I know now”? Well, we’ve been there and now we’re on a mission to educate, inform, inspire, and make you laugh your butt off!
We’re so sure that you’ll learn something in our classes that if you think you haven’t we’ll refund your fee!*
Some of your friends might say their classes were a waste of time. Well we’re sure they didn’t take OUR classes. Our classes are fun, dynamic, interactive, and chock full of great USEFUL information.
All of our classes fill quickly so book early to ensure a spot!!!
We have group sessions and private classes. But if you’re looking for ‘fun’ then take our group classes. Plus, you’ll meet a group of people who live in the same city as you, with the same types of questions, who may just become your new besties (we have couples who are still getting together and their children are 9!)
Here are a few reasons to take Discover Birth classes:
- You’re busy and having a hard time finding time to sit down with your partner and talk about this important experience
- You’re nervous about your upcoming birth experience
- You’re excited about birth and want to know how to make it the best it can be
- You want to avoid a lot of unnecessary interventions (and reduce your chance of caesarean section)
- You want to feel confident as you head into the BIGGEST EXPERIENCE OF YOUR LIFE.
These group sessions are taught as a 6 week series or over a weekend. We recommend that you begin early in your third trimester to be completed 2-6 weeks before your due date (though you are welcome to take it at any time you wish).
2015-16 classes: $200 per couple – book today to reserve your spot!
|Class Dates/Register||Location||Day of the week||Time||Instructor|
|Jan 6-Feb 3||Whitby||Wednesdays||7pm-9:30pm||Jennifer|
|Feb 17-Mar 23||Whitby||Wednesdays||7pm-9:30pm||Jennifer|
|April -May 18||Whitby||Wednesdays||7pm-9:30pm||Jennifer|
|June 8-July 13||Whitby||Wednesdays||7pm-9:30pm||Jennifer|
Comfort Measures for Labour$59.00
Childbirth Classes – Sept 30 to Nov 4$200.00
Childbirth Classes – Jan 16/17$200.00
Childbirth Class – Private Classes$300.00
Childbirth Class – Oct 17/18$200.00
Childbirth Class – Nov 11 to Dec 16$200.00
Childbirth Class – June 8 to July 13$200.00
Childbirth Class – Jan 6 to Feb 3$200.00
Childbirth Class – Feb 20/21$200.00
Childbirth Class – Feb 17 to March 23$200.00
Childbirth Class – April 13 to May 18$200.00
Don’t have time for group classes, or your schedules are all over the map?
We’re doulas, so we get that. Ours are too! For that reason we offer private classes. For first time parents we do 3 sessions in your home. Each session lasts about 2 hours. Cost is $300. * Some conditions apply, but feel free to ask us what they are.
If you still have questions - and here are some we get asked sometimes – we’ve got some answers for you!
Why Take Classes?
How do I know which classes to take?
- Bring about positive change in some health behaviors 1
- Increase communication with partners 2
- Increased relaxation 2
- Increased confidence for labor and birth 2
- Decrease anxiety 3
What Topics are Covered in a Lamaze Class?
- Late pregnancy health and wellness (nutrition, exercise) and anatomy
- Physical and emotional aspects of labour and birth
- Coping strategies and comfort measures (including: positioning to facilitate the normal progress of labor and birth, massage techniques to ease the pain of labour and enhance relaxation, understanding the use of heat, cold, pressure and hydrotherapy)
- Relaxation skills for use during labour and after pregnancy to relieve stress
- Understanding the importance and role of support and the impact on the childbirth experience
- Awareness and informed decision-making
- Communication skills for the pregnant woman with her partner and the members of her health care team
- Medications and medical interventions (what will be available to you at the hospital you are choosing)
- Early postpartum and newborn